Name :  
Regarding :  
Message :  
Your e-mail address * :  

Road Accident Fund Answers Burning questions 


With the rate of accidents on the Port Elizabeth Roads spiking recently, the Road Accident Fund (RAF) joines us in studio to answer your burning questions. Listen to BayFM 107.9 at 10:05 today to ask Bongiwe Nyengane-Tyopo the RAF's Regional Marketing Manager your questions. 


The RAF is responsible for providing appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; rehabilitating and compensating persons injured as a result of motor vehicles in a timely and caring manner; and actively promoting the safe use of all South African roads.  
This year, the Road Accident Fund is celebrating 20 years of caring for road users after dealing with legacy of challenges. The RAF claims it continues to: aim for service excellence; increase accessibility through ongoing public engagements, and take services to the door steps of communities.
What does the RAF cover and pay for?
The RAF makes payment for various categories of claims:

  1. a) General Damages (claims for pain and suffering, for serious injury).
  2. b) Individual claim payments for Loss of Earnings by accident victims (in the event that the road accident victim was unable to earn an income, or is no longer able to earn an income, due to temporary or permanent disablement).
  3. c) Individual claim payments for Loss of Support (in the event that a family loses a breadwinner due to a road accident).
  4. d) Individual claim payments in the Medical Compensation category (assisting injured road accident victims with medical treatment and the costs thereof).
  5. e) Funeral Benefits (the necessary costs related to the burial or cremation).

 Find out more about what the RAF can do for you by checking out their site at

 September 28, 2017
Comments (1)

Leave a comment

Keep me updated?

Comments are moderated.
Be the first person to comment.

OK / Close
Please fill in the form below to continue.

Name and surname:   
Email address: